Annual CPSC Read-a-Thon
February 22-23, 2018
All proceeds go toward books for our libraries and bookroom!
How it works:
- Your child sets a goal for how many minutes he or she thinks they can read at school and at home on February 22nd and 23rd
- Your child asks for monetary pledges from family and friends based on his or her goal...and records the pledges on their pledge form!
- Your child records the minutes he or she reads, listens to reading and does reading activities during the two day Read-a-Thon event at school.
- Your child collects the money from the pledges he or she received and turns it into his or her teacher by March 2nd. This year pledges can be paid online or checks /cash can be sent in to school.
- February 8-22 Students collect pledges from family and friends (pledge forms go home on Thursday and Friday, February 8 & 9)
- February 22-23 Students record the reading they do at the Read-a-Thon (reading log provided)
- February 24 - March 2 Students collect money from sponsors (turn checks/cash in to teacher...or pay online)
How can I help?
- Bring floor pillows, blankets, bean bags, lamps to the library on Friday, February 16 and/or help create a "Reading Lounge" in John's office - signup here
- Volunteer to read with students and help record minutes on 2/22-2/23 (ask your child's teacher when you could help)
- Collect pledge money from classrooms each day after the kids finish reading - signup here
- Help count pledge money - signup here